There is a large number of differences between DarkScape and RuneScape 3. Below is a list of major differences between the two game version only. The list contains the most important changes that a player will come across when coming from RuneScape 3. This is not an exhaustive list.
- Bank Guards and Town Guards will drain their opponent's prayer dramatically in combat, almost always enough to completely drain the player's prayer points.
- Some faction NPCs (like the Gnome Guards at the Tree Gnome Stronghold) will attack any player wandering near them.
- Some dungeon NPCs are also aggressive.
- Ardougne and Wilderness Volcano have extra Grand Exchanges.
- Charter ships cost 100x more than normal.
- Gnome gliders cost 2 Planks and 2 Bolts of cloth.1 (A Strip of cloth may not be used.)
- Spirit trees cost 1 set of Root cuttings, made by using a knife on Roots from farming.
- Fairy rings cost 1 Mort myre fungus. (Make sure to bring enough for a return trip)
- Mine carts cost 10 Coal to use.
- Balloon transport system requires 10 logs per travel instead of 1.
- Weight has more effect on your run energy, your run energy depletes faster, and recharges more slowly. It functions identically to Old School RuneScape.
- Lodestone teleports cannot be used if you are carrying any items.
- Other teleports (spells, items, etc) can only be used if destination has higher or the same threat level, if carrying items. Runes used to cast a spell will count as carried.
- Every teleportation spell takes 10 seconds to cast, and is not interrupted by combat. However teleportation spells could be interrupted, if you have auto-retaliate on.
- Entering the Abyss does not skull a player.
- A skulled player will remain skulled for 5 minutes.
Queen Black Dragon
- Grotworm Lair has been moved to Deep Wilderness, just West of Mage Arena
- The Exiled Kalphite hive has been moved to the North-West region of Mos Le Harmless.
- Moved to Tirannwn, south of poison waste.
Living Rock Caverns
- Moved to the Haunted Mine in southwest Morytania.
Skills and Components
- Spirit shards may no longer be sold in shops or to the pet store owner through dialogue.
- Blisterwood polearm and Blisterwood staff require 10 Blisterwood logs instead of 1 and a cut dragonstone.
- Blisterwood stake and its off-hand variant require a cut diamond to be fletched.
- There is only one Alchemy spell instead of Low and High.
- Alchemy rewarded coins for rune weaponry are reduced.
- The South-West Swamp Mine in Lumbridge has been downgraded, now stocked with 7 Tin ore rocks, 4 Copper ore rocks, and 2 Silver ore rocks.
- The Mining Guild now contains only coal.
- Dungeoneering has been completely disabled.
- The ring of kinship cannot be used to teleport to Daemonheim, and the boats between Al Kharid, Taverley and Daemonheim have been disabled.
- Attempting to use skill lamps to gain Dungeoneering XP results in the lamp being lost, to no effect.
- Rellekka and Catherby have no tuna, lobsters, swordfish or sharks.
- The Fishing Guild no longer has sharks (but all other fish remain)
- Monkfish have been moved outside of Piscatoris to north of the Phoenix lair, Swan song is still required.
- Living Rock Caverns have been relocated to the Abandoned Mine in Morytania.
- Seers Village no longer has Yew or Magic Trees.
- Magic Trees have been moved into the Wilderness.
- A single Yew tree can be found in Zanaris next to the bank.
- A single Yew tree can be found just south west of Ottos house near the Barbarian outpost.
- Yew trees can be found in the Zanaris market place. Costs one cut diamond to enter (unless Fairy Tale Part III has been completed).